Custom Search

!!!!!! JOIN ETORO AND MAKE MONEY NOW ITS FREE!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You Have to Play to Win

Well, now that I've exited most of my positions profitably, I'm paranoid. What if I put in some more cash and the market takes another massive dump? Heck, it has been a long upward run so I'm sure a correction is brewing at some point, right?

You have to play to win.If I sit on the sidelines and fret away the day I'll get nowhere. What I need to do is participate in a guarded way. What I intend is to open up a new position, which immediately places me slightly under water, and then sell my current open position once the newly opened position is profitable. Of course, I intend to buy these new positions during moments of weakness -- which is where the fear factor comes in.

What if the moment of weakness is not just a moment, but instead the start of some massive retrenchment?

Anyway, when the new purchase is above water, I don't have to sell immediately upon achieving profitabilty and I can always use a trailing stop on the items that have moved significantly above water. The trick is that I want to increase my share of revenue earning movements without having to take undue risks. However, I do have to continue to take risks if I want to make profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment